The SHPE-NYC Scholarship
SHPE-NYC scholarship was founded in 2009, in efforts to award and
recognize the achievements of select SHPE student members in the New
York City area. Each year, SHPE-NYC will award Scholarship to high school students and undergraduate college students.
Scholarships range between $500 and $1,000.
- To apply, students must complete the application on or before December 9, 2016.
- Applicants must be of Hispanic/Latino descent. Citizens and non-citizens are eligible to apply.
- While students of all disciplines are eligible to apply, preference will be given to those pursuing degrees in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics).
- Currently attend and will be attending one of the following Universities during the 2016-2017 academic year:
- City College of New York
- Columbia University
- Hofstra University
- Manhattan College
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- New York University
- Rutgers University
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- Stony Brook University
- Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Clarkson University
- Cooper Union
- College of New Jersey
- Cornell University
- Dutchess Community College
- SUNY Binghamton
- Syracuse University
- Union College
- SUNY Buffalo
- University of Rochester
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Must be a paid SHPE undergraduate member at time of application submission
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Completed scholarship application form
- Submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM EST on 12/09/2016
- Letter(s) of recommendation supporting your community outreach efforts (preferably from your SHPE chapter president, professor, school administrator or employer)
- Electronic version of your official university/college transcript
- Personal Essay Statement