The SHPE-NYC Scholarship
SHPE-NYC scholarship was founded in 2009, in efforts to award and
recognize the achievements of select SHPE student members in the New
York City area. Each year, SHPE-NYC will award a scholarship to a
number of high school students and SHPE undergraduate students.
Scholarships range between $500 and $1,000.
- To apply, students must submit the following on or before December 9th, 2012.
- Applicants must be of Hispanic/Latino descent. Citizens and non-citizens are eligible to apply.
- While students of all disciplines are eligible to apply, preference will be given to those pursuing degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Currently attend one of the following High Schools:
- Philip Randolph High School
- Brooklyn Technical High School
- Bronx Engineering Technology Academy
- City Polytechnic High School
- Manhattan Bridges High School
- Have attended at least one SHPE-NYC sponsored event
- Cumulative average of 80 points (B) or higher
enrolled or plan to enroll full-time as an undergraduate student at a
2-year or 4-year U.S. accredited institution within the United States
- Currently attend and will be attending one of the following Universities for the upcoming academic year (2012-2013):
- City College of New York
- Columbia University
- Manhattan College
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Polytechnic Institute of New York University
- Rutgers University
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- Stony Brook University
- Must be a paid SHPE undergraduate member at time of application submission
- Minimun cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants must be of Hispanic/Latino descent
- SHPE-NYC members and supporters